Monday, December 13, 2010

Working at Home

Catherine's Compactor isn't supposed to be so literal, but today work and family is especially mashed up.

The school district canceled school because they didn't know if the buses could navigate through all the snow the blizzard dropped. That was a surprise--their usual MO is to let the buses get stuck in snowbanks and have the kids push them out. No, no, I'm SLIGHTLY exaggerating. 

The kids came to the office with me for a few hours while I did my can't-do-it-from-home media work. But now we're all  at home, on 'screen time.' I'm working. My son's playing a violent video game. My daughter is on Google chat, the Skype-like version, so she is giving her friend who lives in a beautiful home a visual tour of our messy 80s split-entry.


No comments:

Post a Comment