Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hmong Village

I bought these pretty fabric ribbons at the "Hmong Village," a mall on Johnson Parkway in St. Paul's Eastside neighborhood. Who knows what I'll do with them. I'd gone to the place after a sick-day-at-work (does anyone stay home with a cold anymore?). I needed a big bowl of Pho.

My family likes the Hmong Village for the produce market (lemongrass, live mushrooms, herbal teas that look like sticks), the friendly store vendors (about 200 of them), and the 17 food stands. My daughter also likes that there's enough costume jewelry there to put Claire's to shame.

This mall just opened six weeks ago and it's always packed. I have the feeling that more non-Hmong will soon discover the colorful energy of this school-admin building turned urban community mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment